Choose to be a LION! Takea leadership role in LMU’s Graduate Student association – be an officer, senator, or committee member!
During the 9th – 13th week of each semester, opportunities to join GSLMU will be made available. Senator and Committee positions are a semester-long position, while Officer position are one year.
- President: The principal duty of the President is the administration of GSLMU in a manner consistent with the best interests of the student body and the university. The GSLMU President assumes ultimate responsibility over all GSLMU operations and shall be held accountable to the students for proper conduct and efficient administration of all GSLMU affairs. The President serves as the primary student representative to the University administration, University committees, and the Board of Trustees. The President is the chair of all Executive and Management Team meetings. The President must be able to commit to ten hours of work per week throughout the summer and academic calendar months. The President serves as the non-voting Chair of Senate meetings, unless there is a tie.
- Vice President:The principal duty of the Vice President is to assist the President in the administration of GSLMU in a manner consistent with the best interests of the graduate student body and the university; this shall include providing consultation on all Presidential appointments. If he/she is so designated by the President, the Vice President may serve as a proxy student representative to the University administration, University committees and the Board of Trustees. The Vice-President’s primary responsibility is to supervise the committees and meet with them once a month.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall record minutes of each meeting, maintain accurate records of all business pertaining to the Association, receive and respond to all official correspondence, chair the communication committee and manage GSLMU communications within the University community.
- Treasurer: The Secretary shall record minutes of each meeting, maintain accurate records of all business pertaining to the Association, receive and respond to all official correspondence, chair the communication committee and manage GSLMU communications within the University community.
- Senate:The principal purpose of a Senator is to serve as a representative of and advocate for the needs and interests of all graduate students at LMU and provide accountability and competence through oversight. Senators are authorized to determine general rules, regulations and policies of GSLMU. They are also authorized to pass non-binding resolutions for the purpose of expressing approval or disapproval on issues, events, or policies over which the Senate lacks legislative jurisdiction. Fourteen graduate students shall be elected in the GSLMU General Election (two from each college).
- Committee: Committees are exciting opportunities to get involved in your student government and impact the overall campus community. Committee members assist in planning, marketing and facilitating programs and events hosted by GSLMU through its various departments.
- Finance, Faith, Social, Communications, Service, Academic and Research, Technology, Alumni